In 2018 we decided to form the Lovehoney Charity Running Club. Our mission: to get fit (or keep fit) and raise some money for worthy causes while we do it.
Our first effort was going to be the Bath Half Marathon. Sadly, that race was cancelled due to snow.
So our first effort is now going to be the Corsham 10K road race on April 22nd. Yes it’s less distance, but with 16 of us competing that’s a total of 100 Lovehoney miles being run!
Our chosen charity is Brook, a sexual health and wellbeing charity for under 25s.
Can you help us raise £10,000? If you can, Lovehoney will double that amount to £20,000.
How will Brook use this money?
Brook will be using the funds raise to develop and deliver a training programme and resources for parents and carers of secondary school age children.
The programme would achieve the following outcomes:
• Parents/carers have increased confidence to start conversations with their children about difficult topics such as using social media, sexual harassment, body image, pornography and sexting
• Parents/carers have increased knowledge about how the topics named above can have a negative impact on emotional health and wellbeing
• Parents/carers have increased knowledge to recognise when their children’s emotional wellbeing may be at risk
• Children are better supported by their parents/carers
• Children feel increased levels of emotional wellbeing
Initially this will be piloted to 120 parents/carers in eight schools in England, with the aim of then rolling out the programme nationally.
Nearly every department at Lovehoney is represented, and we're a mix of seasoned runners and complete newbies.
Chris Russell - Senior Customer Analyst
Claire Hurst - Marketing Executive
Claire Webber - Head of HR
Elaine Sosna - Head of Marketing
Gareth Akibo-Betts - QA Engineer
Helen Avent - Online Sales Team Lead (UK)
Ilona Dudaite - Lingerie Product Coordinator
Jamie Gray - Supply Chain Coordinator
Julian Bowles - Tech QA Manager
Laura Brennan-Ford - HR Advisor
Michelle Turner - Graphic Designer
Nick Ellis - Head of Content
Rebecca Gregory - HR Administrator
Richard Back - Head of BI
Tallulah Speed - Social Media Executive
Victoria Jackson - Senior Buyer
About the Corsham 10K
The Corsham 10K race has been held every year for 30 years in the historic Wiltshire market town, and all profits made from race entry fees are distributed to local charities.