Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Whizz-Kidz provides disabled children with the essential wheelchairs and other mobility equipment they need to lead fun and active childhoods.
I am supporting and raising funds for WhizzKidz to help more children get a fantastic start in life.
Like a duck, they are only hindered by the environment that does not allow them to excel. Add wheels, and like they are like a duck to water.
So, I shall waddle dressed as a duck! I am inspired to do this for wonderful young people like Ruby.
✅ 21st December 12 hour Treadmill non stop treadmill waddle.
✅ 18th March 2018 Reading Half Marathon
✅ 22nd April 2018 London Marathon
13th May 2018 28+ miles Nordic Walking the Lucky Duck Challenge
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
This list shows the cost of just some of the services that Whizz-Kidz provides:
- £23 could pay for a disabled child to be more confident while boarding a train or bus after one hour of Whizz-Kidz Wheelchair Skills training.
- £27 funds one hour’s expert assessment by a Whizz-Kidz therapist, helping provide a disabled child with the powered wheelchair that meets their medical, social and educational needs.
- £33 enables a disabled child to attend their local Ambassador Club, socialise and develop skills, for one hour.
- £70 supports a disabled child at a Whizz-Kidz Camp for one hour, providing the intensive support they need to be safe, learn and have fun while giving parents or carers a much needed respite-break.
- £90 enables Whizz-Kidz to support a young disabled person for one day of their work placement.
- £100 could fund a Whizz-Kidz therapist for half a day, enough time for a disabled child to have their final fitting in their new powered chair and to take receipt of their new chair.
- £228 could pay for a disabled child to attend two days of unique Wheelchair Skills Training, learning to manoeuvre their wheelchair and with agility and confidence.
- £270 pays for a disabled child to attend a Work Skills Day and acquire vital experience that could help them get a job.
- £900 could pay for a disabled young person to attend a full supported Whizz-Kidz work placement.
- £2,700 enables Whizz-Kidz to give 10 disabled young people the opportunity to attend a Work Skills Day.
- £3,500 provides a manual chair that fully meets a disabled child’s needs.
- £5,600 could provide a disabled child with a life changing powered chair.
- £42,600 would enable Whizz-Kidz to run a short break Camp for ten disabled young people who may not have enjoyed a holiday or any type of short break for many years.