Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Very simply, as Discovery Channel nicknamed the race, it’s the "Toughest Footrace on Earth". In a nutshell. It’s:
- 6 marathons in 6 days through the Sahara desert in Morocco
- Day 4 is a double marathon (oh yeah, fun…)
- Temperatures often reach over 50 degrees (122+ Fahrenheit)
- Full autonomy as you carry all your supplies for the entire race, that means you’re running with a 10kg backpack on your back
- You sleep in the desert each night in communal goats-hair Berber tents
- No showers throughout the duration, covered in sand (and sweat!) and also, no, no flushing toilets.
Sound good? Great!
Share my journey & donate now ! 5’000$ correspond to 20$ per kilometer run.