The leading cause of death for men under the age of 45 in the UK isn't drugs, knife crime, gun crime, or traffic accidents, it is suicide. There are over 6,000 deaths by suicide in the UK every year – an average of 16 per day.
The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is an award-winning charity dedicated to preventing male suicide, the single biggest killer of men under the age of 45 in the UK. In 2015, 75% of all UK suicides were male.
CALM offers support to men via a anonymous helpline open 5pm - midnight, 365 days a year on 0800 58 58 58.
Any donation is greatly appreciated, and will go towards helping fund CALM in a variety of ways, your donation can help do the following;
- £7 can pay for one call that could save a life.
- £23 pays for someone to take calls for an hour.
- £80 pays for our website for a day.
- £160 keeps one phone line open from 5pm to midnight for an evening.
Over 5 months from the 7th of May - 7th October I will be completing a total of 6 Challenges in support of CALM;
- 7th May - MK Half Marathon.
- 20th May - Eton Sprint Weekend - Triathlon.
- 17th June - Royal Windsor.
- 14th July - Race to the Stone 100km Ultra Marathon.
- 23rd September - Ironman 70.3 Weymouth.
- 7th October - Oxford Half Marathon.
Any donation will be greatly appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to support me, and CALM.