Firstly, thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to visit my Just Giving page.
I'm running the 13.1 LOS ANGELES HALF MARATHON this January, in memory of my amazing Dad, Andrew Walton, and raising as much money as possible for WORLD CANCER RESEARCH FUND.
Those of you that knew him will know he was always cheerful, helpful, and gave wonderful advice. He was a friend to everyone that knew him.
Tragically he was diagnosed with terminal Cancer, which was in the very late stages. It took over his body, his life, and gave him no control over what was to come. Losing him has been the hardest thing to ever experience, and life truly will never be the same without him.
I'm raising money for WORLD CANCER RESEARCH FUND - as they make it their mission to STOP CANCER BEFORE IT STARTS.
I first found out about WCRF whilst reading THE CHINA STUDY. The China Study is the most comprehensive nutritional study that has EVER been conducted by scientists.
From the evidence and findings, the scientists have founded WCRF, to help educate people on the correlations between diet and disease.
Here's a little more about WCRF and the amazing work they do.
World Cancer Research Fund helps people make choices that reduce their chances of developing cancer.
WCRF were the first cancer charity:
- To create awareness of the relationship between diet and cancer risk
- To focus funding on research into diet and cancer prevention
- To consolidate and interpret global research to create a practical message on cancer prevention
Today, WCRF continues:
- Funding research on the relationship of nurition, exercise, and weight management to cancer risk
- Interpreting the accumulated scientific literature in the field
- Educating people about choices they can make to reduce their chances of developing cancer.
I'm sure you will agree this truly is a fantastic cause.
I hope you will join me in raising money in memory of the late, GREAT person that was my incredible, inspiring Daddy, Andrew Walton.
Thank you SO much!!