In September 2009 my husband and I welcomed our beautiful daughter Daisy Boo into the world, we had gone through 4 failed attempts at IVF and somehow, after almost 8 years of trying I fell pregnant naturally.
Sadly 6 weeks after her arrival I was diagnosed with 2 Brain Tumours which left us absolutely devastated. When Daisy was only a few months old I underwent Brain Surgery, which took the surgeon almost 11 hours, to remove approximately 30% of the Large Brain Tumour.
A week after the operation I came home but had to learn to walk and talk again. My husband had the task of washing, dressing and feeding me as well as looking after our daughter too. Slowly I improved but then had to undergo a grueling 6 week course of Radiotherapy which is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
Did you know:
- Brain Tumours receive less than 1% of the national funding for Cancer
- More children and Adults under 40 die of a Brain Tumour than from any other Cancer
- There are more than 120 different types of Brain Tumours
- Brain Tumours kill more children than Leukemia or any other Cancer
- 16,000 people each year are diagnosed with a Brain Tumour
In all of this I've realised how
lucky I am to still be alive. So I decided to set up my own Umbrella charity
group fundraising for Brain Tumour Research. My aim is to raise awareness and
money in the hope one day we can find a cure for this horrid Disease.
Since setting up my charity in October 2012 I have raise almost £15,000. My aim is to double this, at least, if I can and I don’t plan to stop anytime soon. :) <3 :)
So please dig deep and donate now.