A world-first record attempt challenge cycling 2,300km around Vancouver Island solo and unsupported to raise £25,000 for Big C!
- A world first endurance challenge
- 80% of the the challenge is on logging roads, trails, off-road and in the wild
- Climb 151,000ft (5 times the height of Everest!)
- Spend 15 consecutive days Solo & Unsupported
- Endure Pacific storms which batter the west coast of the island
- Carry all equipment, food, spares and camp wild every night
- Burn an average of 6,000 calories per day during the ride
- Several days see climbs in excess of 16,000ft, only 1 stage of the 2013 Tour de France had a higher total elevation. (Mont Blanc is 15,00ft/Ben Nevis 4,400ft)
- Outrun Bears (hopefully)
- Avoid Cougars (very hopefully)
- 36% is the steeped ascent I'll be riding
In addition to the many miles, I'll have to carry all the equipment, food and supplies on the bike. I'll be camping throughout the trip and will need to navigate closed roads, through forests, mountains and across rivers and inlets. The aim is to stick to the coastline as much as possible.
I'll be at the mercy of the elements, storms lash the island from the Pacific Ocean frequently. To add to the excitement, I'll be in the wild with black bears, cougars and wolves. Something I will need to prepare for but incentive to keep me going. The north and west of the island are extremely remote, I will be the only person to do this challenge once complete.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
My motivation comes from your donations, so please dig deep!