At SOS NI were are celebrating 10 Amazing Years of providing outstanding welfare and caring services on the streets of Belfast
I am taking part in the 5th Annual SOS Sleep Out to raise essential funds so that the SOS Volunteers can continue to work right through to the wee hours of the morning on a Friday and Saturday, caring for members of the homeless community.
How we support the homeless -
- Our Buses are stocked with provisions such as sleeping bags, clean clothes, food packets and basic hygiene essentials
- We work to secure all homeless individuals accommodation for the night and a warm bed
- We invite them on-board the SOS Buses where they receive food and hot drinks, warmth, shelter and a safe place to sleep for a few hours
- Our medical staff can assess any medial issue and advise on whether treatment is needed. Assaults and injuries are unfortunately part of every day life for anyone who lives on the street
- Our Response Mini-buses can transport clients to A&E for further medical care, to a hostel or to a place of safety
- And most important, any individual who comes to the SOS Buses will be treated with dignity and respect and can tell their story to listening Volunteers.