Rachel's 10 Things for 10 Years
I am completing 10 challenges for LATCH Welsh Children's Cancer Charity because it is 10 years since I beat cancer
LATCH, the Welsh Children's Cancer Charity, is a voluntary organisation set up to support the special requirements of the children's oncology centre at the Children's Hospital for Wales, to help affected families and promote research in childhood cancer.
Charity Registration No. 1100949
In May 2008 I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma and received treatment at The University Hospital of Wales. August 2nd 2018 will mark 10 years since I was told I was cancer free, so I wanted to do something to celebrate this acheivement. Whilst receiving my treatment I witnessed the fantastic work that LATCH does to support families during such a dificult time, so I also wanted to use this milestone as an opportunity to raise money to help them continue the fantastic work they do every day.
As well as the mandatory party, I've decided to complete 10 events or challenges by August - 10 things for 10 years. The list so far is as follows although some may change if I get some new ideas!
1. New Years Day Swim - Saundersfoot
2. 100 Alcohol Free Days - Jan 20th-April 29th
3. Half Marathon - London March 31st
4. Coffee Morning - April 2nd
5. Volunteer 10 times (ongoing)
6. Marathon - Newport April 29th
7. Playathon (10 hours continuous music - June)
8. Pub quiz/fundraising evening - May 30th - Bierkeller Cardiff
9. Muddy Run - Cancer Research Swansea July 21st
10. Hair cut (donate at least 12 inches to Little Princess Trust)
Also if anyone wants to join me in any of my challenges, I would love the company so please give me a shout!
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.