Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
HELP SMILE TRUST mission statement is promoting Health, Education, Love & Peace to steer the direction of charity activities. Help Smile Trust was established on 30th June 2010. Please visit http://helpsmiletrust.co.uk/ to know more about HELP SMILE TRUST.
Our program of work originates from the need to support society in improving overall health and education.
The Cleft project – Mr. Shailesh Vadodaria, Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon - a founder and co-trustee of HELP SMILE TRUST has been involved with multiple hospitals around the world carrying cleft surgeries free of charge. Through his efforts we have been able to put a smile back on hundreds of children.
Direct Financial Assistance:
We also aim to make a difference through direct financial assistance to other charities who are doing great work in their areas. We carefully select the charities and individuals we work with to ensure their activities align with our aims. This enables us to extend the reach of Help Smile Trust into areas that we are not able to reach. So far we have worked with 3 charities. We have provided them direct financial assistance supporting specific projects, ensuring 100% of the funds provided are directly invested in charitable cause.
1) Support to an ambitious youth dreaming to make difference in Health sector: Prasannajeet Mane - a youth from rural area in Satara, Maharashtra, india, has been offered a place on the Masters in Analytics and Management programme at LBS as a merit scholar. The total estimated cost to fund postgraduate studies is £51,200 (Tuition £33,500+ Accommodation/Food/Travel/Books £17,700). LBS have selected him for a merit award of £10,000 considering his academic and professional achievements. In addition, he has been able to raise £8,450 so far; however, he still needs to raise £32,750.
This year I am running 10K to support Prasannajeet to collect donations towards his higher education programme in LBS.
Why only him when there are several aspirants to do post-graduation at LBS?
- Prasanna comes from very humble background. He was born and raised in rural areas of Satara, Maharashtra, India. He lost his father when he was 15. His family's yearly income has been around INR 40,000 (£500 p.a.).
- Apart from perpetual scarcity of resources, he has suffered from physical ailments such as motor and sensory neuropathy, OCD [chronic mental health condition].
- Despite these odds he managed to complete graduation in Engineering from IIT, Gandhinagar. This personal experience of medical ailments strengthened his determination to contribute to medical sciences by resolving problems using data science. Hence his choice of MAM programme at LBS.
- This study will enable him to impact healthcare delivery by providing data-driven solutions to hospitals, government health agencies, and public health initiatives. However, due to his critical financial situation, he cannot accept the offer unless he has financial support. He is campaigning to raise funds by making appeal on various platforms. HELP SMILE TRUST wants to participate in his campaign by participating in ASICS 2019 London 10K run on 21st July, 2019. We earnestly appeal to all donors to support Prasannajeet Mane to fulfil his dream and further contribute to the larger cause of improving health care through data/analytics solutions.
2) Navkshitij (New Horizon) - sponsoring Kunal Shinde: Navkshitij was established to improve the well-being of mentally challenged friends – they take mentally challenged friends under their wing, organize activities, teach them life-skills and vocational skills, encourage them to become as independent as possible, and nurture them in a compassionate environment. We continue to sponsor one mentally challenged friend Kunal Shinde as our ongoing commitment.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly
to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and
cutting costs for the charity.
Many thanks in advance for your generous donation!