I am aiming to cycle approximately 2,200km across Nepal in January 2020. I will be unsupported throughout and estimate that it will take approximately 28 days. I am not new to endurance events and after an awful knee injury ended my career as a Gurkha Officer as well as a fledgling professional rugby career; I slowly completed three Ironman events, swam from Corsica to Sardinia and almost rowed across the Indian Ocean. However, after 11 knee operations and my right knee having only 80% of normal power and functionality, this challenge is punching quite hard.
I am raising money for the Gurkha Welfare Trust and in particular an individual school in the far West of Nepal.
All funds raised will go towards this specific school and in particular the following:
- Demolishing unsafe classrooms
- Providing 12 new classrooms
- A new latrine block with separate loos for girls and boys
- An expanded clean water supply on site
- Better class interiors and improved library facilities
- Better teacher training and teaching materials
- A performance area built for student assemblies, performances and in extreme circumstances shelter in the event of an earthquake.
For those of you that would like to find out more about the Pan Nepal Cycle and the school, please take a look at: www.cycleacrossnepal.com
Thank you for reading.