Hey, Robin here! Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page. You're a busy person so I'll keep things short and sweet.
On the 22nd of June I'm going to throw myself off the London Air Ambulance helipad. Sounds fun right? Well, it's 17 stories skyward, which is about 56 metres, which is pretty bloody high. If that's not scary enough, there are no walls to hold onto. That's right, I'll be hanging freely with arms and legs flailing as I make my terrifying journey towards the ground. Did I mention that I'm afraid of heights? And that's even with solid ground and railings to hold on to!
So why am I doing this? Simply, why not. This is my first charity event and I fully support the service London's Air Ambulance provides. They're trying to buy a new helicopter and your donation will help that happen, helping save more lives in London. Your money will also be used to support the day-to-day activities and materials needed to keep things running smoothly.
Please donate as much as you can. Any amount will help reach the goal! I'll make sure to document my day and, purely for your amusement, get as many photos of me looking absolutely terrified as I hang 17 stories above the ground.
More about London's Air Ambulance:
- It's been running since 1989, serving 28,500 missions to date
- They provide life-saving medical interventions, such as open chest surgery, blood transfusion, and anaesthesia, all at the roadside!
- It's a charity that relies on donations to keep running
- Around 25% of its funds come from the NHS
- London is the only major city with a single emergency medical helicopter, hence needing a second one
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to London's Air Ambulance. It’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.