Thanks for making a donation to the Focus fund in memory of Dad (Roger Owen).
It would make Dad very happy to know that you’ve chosen to remember him in this way. He was one of the people involved in setting up the Focus fund which raises money for the Gloucestershire Oncology Centre, where he worked. The aim of Focus is to create a comfortable environment for people who have cancer by investing in facility improvements, state of the art equipment and additional care above and beyond NHS provision.
More on the work of the Focus fund can be found here:
Examples of projects currently funded by FOCUS include:
· Sky ceilings are being installed in all of the radiotherapy suites, as well as other areas of the Gloucestershire Oncology Centre, thanks to donations to Focus. These transform the experience for patients by helping create a calm and soothing environment
· New, state of the art technology has been purchased offering enhanced skin cancer treatment. The new machine uses low energy x-rays to destroy unhealthy cells and is particularly used for treating lesions on or just beneath the surface of the skin
· A portable massage chair that can be used anywhere in the Oncology centre and wards, enables the Focus Support Team to offer back, neck and shoulder massages for patients receiving treatment
· The Focus Support Team are funded by donations, and along with a committed volunteer team, they play a vital role in giving support and advice to cancer patients in the Oncology Centre
· Rise and recline chemotherapy chairs is an ongoing appeal, having recently been able to purchase 6 more thanks to donations. These chairs make a huge difference to patients receiving chemotherapy treatment for long periods; a time when the additional comfort and security offered by the chairs makes a real impact
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.