My one-year-old grandson has been attending Yorkhill Hospital and has been looked after so well by the fantastic staff there. He travels from Dunoon twice weekly for his treatment and we are so grateful to all at Yorkhill for the help and support he and his parents have received from them.Getting out there training four nights a week in the bad weather certainly takes some willpower, motivation and a bit of madness. My main goal this year, is to run the Glasgow Half marathon in October but I have entered a few other 10k races in my build up to it.
I would be further motivated if I could do something to raise much needed funds for Yorkhill hospital, along the way, to help the many sick children that go through their doors each day. To enable me to do this I have started this JustGiving page to raise funds so if you would like to sponsor me, please do so as every little bit helps.
I will be giving regular updates on Facebook as I progress through my training and races, so that you can keep tabs on me, push me when I need pushing and encourage me when I need encouragement.
By doing a little, we can all make a big difference for those children and families less fortunate than ourselves, Please help me make a difference and make a donation..
Thank you and please give me a toot if you pass me by when out pounding the streets!
- 28 March Dunoon Run & Ride 9.1 mile Endoro Race
- 12 April - Glasgow Kilt Walk
- 14 May - Polaroid 10k Road Race Series - Helensburgh
- 21 May - Polaroid 10k Road Race Series - Dumbarton
- 27 May - Polaroid 10k Road Race Series - Clydebank
- 7 June - Polaroid10k Road Race Series - Vale of Leven
- 21 June - Glasgow 10k
- 30 June - Edinburgh 10k
- 27 Aug - Cowal Gathering 5k
- 4 Oct - Glasgow Half Marathon