Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page. Over the years I’ve always wanted to take part in a charity event to ‘do my bit’ and help the less fortunate, and every year, I keep saying next year. I would never have thought of doing a half marathon. I always thought I’d do something a little easier but the opportunity has come up, and with the amazing work that Penny Appeal is doing around the world, how can I refuse! We are living in precarious times with so much suffering all over the world, and through Penny Appeal we can help change so many lives.
Please donate as much as you can and with your support we will make a difference.
Penny Appeals Emergency Response.
The funds raised are absolutely critical in Penny Appeals ability to act fast during a crisis. War, famine, disease, poverty & climate change have immobilised communities in Myanmar, Syria, Yemen, Gaza, Indonesia and East- Africa, and Penny Appeal needs your support to be able to deploy life-saving medical aid, food, clothing, sanitation and shelter to those who've been left incredibly vulnerable.
Watch our short video about Emergency Response HERE
Penny Appeals teams are currently providing support in:
- Sudan - thousands flee from brutality and displaced in their own country
- South Africa – 750 lives lost after a deadly cyclone hit Mozambique, Zimbabwe and parts of Malawi.
- Indonesia - Over 2000 people have lost their lives, after the coastal city of Palu was rocked by a 7.5 magnitude earthquake
- Syria and neighbouring countries - where refugees are battling to survive
- Yemen - where civilians are targeted amidst conflict, faced with famine and struggling to receive medical treatment for Cholera
- Myanmar - where Rohingya communities are being persecuted
- Palestine - where people are living amid conflict
- Bangladesh - Sunamganj Floods and providing essential aid to Rohingyan refugees
- Areas affected by the famine in East Africa, such as Somalia, South Sudan, Ethiopia and Kenya