Your friends are fundraising. Don't miss out, opt in.

111 %
£4,456.92
raised of £4,000 target
by 100 supporters
Donate
Sarah Otley avatar
Sarah Otley

Travelling to Peru to work with abused children and deprived families

To teach our kids the importance of helping others for Kiya because Its a tough world out there........

111 %
£4,456.92
raised of £4,000 target
by 100 supporters
Donate

Kiya

Kiya Survivors offers education, therapy, support and love to children with special needs living in severe poverty, abused and abandoned children in Peru.

Charity Registration No. 1121519

Story

In December 2017 we will be travelling to Peru with 3 other families, for 2 weeks to support a great charity, KIYA SURVIVORS.  KIYA works with special needs children, abused and abandoned children in Peru. This is a chance for my family to make a life changing difference to other familes living in less fortunate circumstances.
We will be repairing the roof of one of the children's centres which was badly damaged in the floods and landslides earlier this year and helping build a bathroom for Peruvian family living in severe poverty who have no access to running water or clean sanitary facilities. We will also be working in a small nursery school, Tres Pasitos, as well as painting classrooms, and supporting the Peruvian teams onsite with whatever they need.
As a group, we are aiming to raise £12,000 between us (£1,000 each). This will cover the roof repair, the bathroom and also the running costs for Tres Pasitos Centre in 2018! The centre, based on the outskirts of one of the poorest areas of a small fishing village in the North of Peru, Los Organos, was built and opened in 2008. It is a social program that was initiated to provide children under 3 years old with learning difficulties or who were living in vulnerable situations and, in many cases, were being severely mistreated by their parents due to the effects of poverty and unemployment.
85% of the beneficiaries of this program come from dysfunctional homes, aggressive parents, large families and low income. The other 15% are children with physical or mental retardation. By integrating children with different needs from a young age, KIYA finds there is increased acceptance from their peers and more understanding from other parents.
Tres Pasitos has helped approximately 100 children from the beginning until now. KIYA desperately needs sponsorship for the running costs of Tres Pasitos in 2018

For more information: www.kiyasurvivors.org

PLEASE - HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND SPONSOR US TODAY!!


Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

Photos

3

Supporters

100