As part of the Aspire Leadership Programme our group - Michela Banks, Nancy Cook, Vhairi Russell, Sarah Sharpe and Craig Whitehead - will be taking part in a number of events over the coming months in order to raise funds for Hopscotch Children’s Charity.
Hopscotch is a children's charity in Edinburgh which helps provide respite breaks for disadvantaged children living in Scotland. They work with some of the most vulnerable children in Scotland, many of whom have never been to the countryside or seaside before, and a holiday at Ardvullin is their only opportunity to have a break away from their problems in a safe and secure environmentBy donating to Hopscotch you will help us deliver the following benefits to a child in need of a break:
- Improve their confidence, self esteem and independence so that they can believe in themselves and their abilities.
- Develop their teamwork and decision making skills.
- Give them hope and encouragement for the future.
- Show them the opportunities that are available to them so they can create their own personal goals
Over the coming months, we will be taking part in the following events and fundraisers in order to raise funds for a fantastic charity and an amazing cause;
- Climbing Ben Nevis on the 1st of August
- Ettrick House Fun Day on the 12th of August
- Bag Packing at Marks and Spencer's Princes Street on the 22nd of August