Sew dots, raise lots!
Braille is the most important system of raised dots in the world! It helps blind and partially sighted people access and create written language. It means children with sight loss can learn to read and adults with sight loss are not excluded from work.
I'm asking the amazing people of the sewing community to challenge themselves to make a dotty item of clothing in the month of October to raise awareness of braille. And, rather than dropping £5 on a new sewing pattern, why not donate it to RNIB to support people with sight loss?
Here's the low down on the challenge:
- You pledge to make a dotty piece of clothing
- Pick your spotty fabric and get sewing!
- Post a picture of your make on Twitter or Instagram before October 31st and use the hashtag #sewdots
- Hashtagging #sewdots will enter you into the draw for a small pile of sewing goodies!
- Donate a couple of £s or $s to RNIB on this page!
- Use your passion for sewing to raise awareness of the need for braille, and of the challenges that blind and partially sighted people face and overcome on a daily basis!