The Sheriffs' £10 Challenge is back!
On Wednesday 10th July Sheriffs Vincent Keaveny and Liz Green are taking to horseback to ride through the City of London, raising money for the Sheriffs’ & Recorder’s Fund.
The ride is due to start in Guildhall Yard at 9.30am and end around 12.30pm at the Old Bailey where our saddle-weary Sheriffs will host an informal buffet lunch. Whether walking or not you would be welcome to join us for lunch.
We would be very grateful for your support via one (or more) of the options below:
- Donate – please no more than £10 – we are aware that you support other worthy charities and want to minimise the impact on individual wallets
- Pass this on to ten of your fellow Freemen, Liverymen or friends; there are over 25,000 Liverymen, just imagine if every Liveryman donated £10!
- Walk with us and help us collect money along the route.
We are very grateful to members of the Light Cavalry and City of London Mounted Police for their help and organisation, and to those Halls we are visiting for agreeing to welcome us.
The Sheriff’s & Recorder’s Fund
Established in 1808, the Fund helps ex-offenders, and families of those currently in prison. Examples of the grants are:
- £1,000 gave four ex-prisoners courses in IT skills
- £500 bought the equipment for a man to set up in business as
a window cleaner
- £10,000 paid for eight fork-lift truck driving courses