Many will know taking part in a pageant is something far from anything I have done before. However, I have always relished opportunities that put me out of my comfort zone including my experience of travelling solo.
When I saw a Miss Wales advertisement, I was struck by the mission of Beauty with a Purpose to support young, disadvantaged children on a local and global level. It is the charitable organisation of Miss World which was founded by Julia Morley in 1972.
To fulfil my role as an ambassador for BWP, I am raising money by attending a number of charitable events and setting myself personal challenges alongside working with the Miss Wales team. 100% of money raised is going directly to the charities selected by BWP, with no administration or deduction costs.
I will continue to add updates on my progress towards the final which will take place 11th-13th April 2019. Below is a list of what I have and will continue to be doing - any donation is greatly appreciated.
- Miss Wales Sponsored Wedge Walk around Cardiff Bay
- Halloween Party at Cardiff Castle for Dreams and Wishes
- White Ribbon Walk to Llandaff Cathedral protesting against domestic violence towards Women and Children
- New Year’s Day sponsored climb up Pen y Fan and Corn Du
- Dry January – no consumption of alcohol
throughout the month.
- Pennies Pot Challenge – Collecting as many coppers and unwanted change as possible in which all proceedings will go directly to Beauty with a Purpose. Message me for your free penny pots.
- Kian Musgrove’s Challenge - Throwing 5 litres of fluorescent green gunge over me to raise awareness of Neuroblastoma. This is a rare cancer which develops in nerve cells commonly leading to formation of a tumour. Around 100 children are affected by this high risk illness in the UK each year. Kian’s genius idea was inspired after watching someone get ‘gunged’ on tv and he decided this would be a fun thing to do to make people laugh and cheer him up during treatment - I couldn’t agree with him more!
- Recycling Clothes, CDs, Videos and Books to
raise Cash for Beauty with a Purpose - Any donations of old/second-hand items are welcomed.
- February 3rd – Cardiff Winter Warmer Run
- 6 hour Camarthanshire Cyclathon at Morrison’s with four other Miss Wales finalists.
- March 23rd - Llanishen RFC Skittles Night
- March 30th - Charity Bagpack at Tescos Llantrisant