Thanks for visiting my fundraising page.
Donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It’s also the most efficient way to sponsor me: beat gets your money faster and, if you’re a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.
So please sponsor me now!
You may or may not know that I enjoy running (it's all I talk about, right?) and i've run a few races in the past. I decided that this year I was going to do as many races as I could manage/afford/get to. After running a couple of enjoyable 10km races I decided I wanted to do something a bit different and I found out about the Every Woman's Duathlon in Bushy Park on the 6th September which consists of a 2.5km run, followed by a 10km bike ride then another 2.5km run
I was an idiot and signed up for it so I guess i'm going to have to go through with it.
By doing this Duathlon I hope to raise atleast £200 for the wonderful charity Beat, who I know from first hand experience do some fantastic work. I know money is tight for alot of people at the moment, but please donate as much or as little as you can afford. I know the money will go to great use.
Beat’s aims are:
- To change the way everyone thinks and talks about eating disorders
- To improve the way services and treatment are provided
- And to help anyone believe that their eating disorder can be beaten
We do this by:
- Challenging the stereotypes and stigma that people with eating disorders face
- Campaigning for better services and treatment
- Providing information, support and encouragement to seek treatment and recovery