Thanks for visiting my Just Giving page!
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust is proudto be fundraising for Bluebell Wood and Rainbows children’s hospices. These two hospices serve the communities of our 25 schools and rely on donations to fund 90% of their work.
Since opening their doors in 2008 Bluebell Wood has been a home from home for families facing the toughest of times and is currently supporting around 250 families providing more than 50,000 of hours of care a year including
- 1,300 short breaks
- 250 emergency admissions
- 190 days of end of life care
- 400 home visits
- 100 one-to-one and group sessions for siblings
- 1,000 hours of play, music and activity therapies
- 2,300 hours of bereavement support and counselling
Caring for children whose lives will be cut short as well as their families costs £4 Million a year (around £11k a day) and every pound you can contribute really does make a difference. For example
- £5 could pay for a phone call at 3am with a parent who just needs to talk
- £10 could pay for a play session with lots of fun and laughter
- £20 could pay for a child to take a dip in a spa pool
- £50 could pay for a painter for one of their activity days
- £155 could pay for a counsellor to be there for families when they need it most
- £159 could pay for a day of specialist palliative nursing care
- £500 could pay for 24 hour nursing care.
On Sunday 13th October I will be doing a sky-diveto raise money for Bluebell Wood and Sean McClafferty, our Trust CEO, will be jumping for Rainbows Hospice. You can visit his Just Giving page here:
Please give whatever you can to these fabulous charities which provide their service free to families when they need it most.
Jacqueline Rodden, Chair of the Trust
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.