As you know, I spend a lot of time riding my bicycle. I do it firstly because it gives me a lot of joy, and secondly because I race triathlons and duathlons and so need to spend a lot of time out training on the roads, in all weathers.
In 2011/12 I will undertake a number of challenges in the build-up to racing a full ironman in 2012:
1) London - Oxford - London bike ride (over 200km)
2) Galerien du Mont Ventoux - 4 times up Mont Ventoux in one day
3) Mont Aigoual cyclo sportive - 160 km ride with >3000m climbing
My chosen charity is Cyclists Fighting Cancer for a couple of reasons:
1. Cycling is a great rehabilitator for all sorts of injuries and illnesses, not least cancer
2. The charity's aims are simple and tangible - to provide free bikes to children with cancer or to their siblings, to help them in the process of rehabilitation, and to provide them with some simple joy. You can easily imagine a child's happiness at receiving a shiny new bike.
So please help me to reach my target of £1000 donation by sponsoring me whatever amount you want. Just a five pound donation could be worth a 10th of a new bike.
In this way you'll also be giving me that extra motivation during training and on race day when I will need all the mental strength I can muster.
There are 3 ways in which you can donate:1) Via this donation webpage www.justgiving.com/Tariktheironman 2) By buying a cycling jersey (www.etapereinecycling.com/kit-order.html), where the price will include a £5 pound donation. 3) By making a voluntary contribution as part of the payment of an Etape Reine Cycling camp Thanks a lot for your support