Thanks for taking the time to visit our JustGiving page.
This Years Coastal Kayak Challenge event is on
Sunday 30th of June 2019
For more information or to sign up please contact :-
Mike on 07791 104428
- The Kayak team has grown considerably since my first journey with just two friends from Snowdonia to West Kirby in 2012
- 2013 we decided to kayak around the Wirral Peninsula to coincide with the Coastal walk which was great fun, that year there were 7 of us.
- 2014 we had registered over 30 kayakers willing to take part but unfortunately the weather stopped us on the original date we had planned so after rescheduling (and team members having other commitments) we ended up with approx 18 of us completing the task in around 10 hours with various stops along the way including burgers and sausages on Hilbre Island courtesy of the rangers cottage, The Bunk House.
- 2015 saw a different challenge as the original coastal kayak had to be cancelled due to bad weather, instead the group followed the river Dee for 26 miles!!!
- 2016 saw us raise more money than in previous years so the total raised over the 5 years has totally exceeded all expectations. We also had National Marine Safety Boats join us in 2016 providing safety cover.
- 2017 , 74 participants took part in our Coastal Kayak Challenge event also Dee Sailing Club came on board for the first time opening up their bar and facilities and BBQ
- 2018 .. Wow...… 88 participants took on the challenge on what was a beautiful sunny day and donations for last years charities, Claire House Children's hospice and Wirral Holistic Care services exceeded £5000
2019 Our chosen charities for this year are
Claire House Children's Hospice
Hoylake and West Kirby RNLI - All the funds raised will be split equally between Hoylake & West Kirby lifeboat stations and their in house CPU team will ensure that both stations receive a equal split of the money
National Marine Safety Boats will be supplying safety boats and crew for us again this year , Dee Sailing Club will also be opening up their facilities for us again and Drone Factor will be filming our event via Drone for the second year
So far we have raised over £30.000 for local charities Claire House Children's Hospice ,MS Society ,Wirral Holistic Care Services ,Macmillan Cancer Support , Arrowe Park ICU Ward
Thankyou Everyone For Your Support.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.