What is Textales?
Textales is a commercial initiative on behalf of charity and the environment which aims to:
* Give a new value to second hand clothes through sentimental attachment and stories
* Increase awareness amongst 18 to 24 year old women on the issue of textile waste
* Raise as much money as possible for the Alzheimer's Society
What does Textales do?
Textales collects special clothes that are no longer worn, along with stories, memories and anecdotes attached to them. We then resell the garments bearing labels with these stories so that the new owner is aware of the clothes' previous "life."
Every item of clothing has its own narrative that makes it unique and gives it personality. By passing on your memories through your old clothes, you are helping to make your mark, to keep them persisting through time.
All of the proceeds will go to the Alzheimer's Society.
How can you help?
* By donating unwanted clothes to Textales, along with stories and memories linked to them. Please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
* By donating money directly to the Just Giving page so that we can fundraise as much as possible for the Alzheimer's Society
Textales is Amy Inman Villanueva's final project for MA Applied Imagination at Central Saint Martins, London.