The huge support for the Atheist Bus Campaign has shown that non-religious people want their voice to be heard.
With your help, the BHA can give you that voice!
We are currently campaigning (amongst other things):
- for inclusive state schools with no religious admissions policies
- for balanced teaching about different beliefs and values in our state schools
- for an end to 'collective worship' in our state schools
- for an end to the automatic right of Bishops to sit in our parliament
- for a 2011 census question which will produce a realistic figure on religion
- for an end to the bias in favour of religion in public broadcasting
- to remove the exceptions in the Equality Bill that allow religious organisations – even those delivering statutory public services – to discriminate against people who do not share their beliefs
- and for a rational approach to ethical issues, such as embryo research or assisted dying for the terminally ill, where religious lobbying is particularly strong.
As BHA Vice President Richard Dawkins has said, ‘There are many reasons for admiring the British Humanist Association – especially in times like ours.’
Please give what you can - every penny you donate here will be spent on our campaigns and education work.
If you have not already joined as a member then please do that too at www.humanism.org.uk