Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
We have decided to do a fundraiser to help, support and develop our day services within Oxfordshire. We have a team of 13 staff going to the event made up of managers, day service support staff and office staff. We are hoping that by participating we will raise awareness about charity Guideposts both locally and nationally
The projects that we will be supporting through our fundraising include:
- GLADS - a day service supporting adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues and also service users with high medical needs, the project promotes well-being, reducing loneliness and also promotes a healthy lifestyle encouraging participation in a wide range of fun activities including football, cooking, arts and crafts and day trips.
- dig 'n' grow - another day service promoting well-being and reducing loneliness by offering both gardening on our own site but also community gardening in the local community, other activities we do at dig 'n' grow include representing the charity in local event such as the Witney Food Festival and also Witney in Bloom.
- Lights Up - a day service supporting both individuals who are on the dementia journey but also supporting their families, the groups meets fortnightly and activities include: painting and seasonal craft, music, singing, dance, reading and poetry and outings such as the local cinema. Lights Up supports families in Witney, Carterton, Chipping Norton a future project which is going to be in Woodstock starting in September 2018
- Mates n dates is a friendship and dating network established 10 years ago for adults with a learning disability living in and around Oxfordshire. We offer great opportunities for social activities with the chance of forming friendship, or more in a supported environment.
- Forest School - This is a project funded by Children in Need and is supporting children with special educational needs, disabilities, mental health issues and from low income backgrounds, this project is supporting children aged between 5 - 15 years of age and gives an outdoor learning platform whereby service users gain self confidence, greater independence and increased social skills by doing activities such as arts and crafts, den building and cooking on fires.
If you like the sound of what we as a charity are doing or would like more information about Guideposts our website is www.guideposts.org.uk and more additional information about our services can be found here. Alternatively to speak to a member of staff at our head office please call 01993 893560
If you could help and support us to grow our services within Oxfordshire and the surrounding counties we would be really grateful,
Tim, Kelly, Helen, Jen, Nicole, Jo, Paul, Lucy, Rachel, Maxine, Dawn, Simon and Rachel xx