Thanks for visiting my JustGiving Page!
At the end of September 2015, I will be setting off to Barcelona with the aim of rowing 500 km to Sardinia. The idea was put to me by a friend and before I knew it, things escalated rapidly from there…
I have been told to expect the following;
- Weather, seasickness and currents will test us to our limits
- Rowing in continuous sessions of 2 hours on, 2 hours off
- Sleep deprivation will make living in close confines very tough
- Aim to cover 100 km per day (wind dependant)
- Forcing down 8,000 calories of freeze-driedfood is a challenge in it's itself
- A fantastic sense of achievement (if we complete it...).
Whilst there will hopefully be no sharks in the Med, I am doing this to raise money for the Shark Trust, a UK registered charity working to advance the worldwide conservation of sharks though science, influence and action. The trust is an effective and well respected advocate for shark management and protection, undertaking a range of projects, campaigns and policy work to ensure the survival of this integral apex predator of our oceans. See www.sharktrust.org
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.