Kingston Churches Action on Homelessness (KCAH) supports single people who are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless or experiencing serious housing problems to solve their housing problems and improve their quality of life by:
- Running a drop-in service providing advice on benefits, maximising income, statutory rights, accessing health services and securing temporary accommodation
- Making referrals to relevant housing providers including local projects such as the Joel Community Service and YMCA in Surbiton.
- Providing temporary housing of up to two years for people who are ineligible for council housing - KCAH has the use of 10 properties which can accommodate up to 37 tenants.
- Running a Job club to help clients find work
- Providing emergency clothing, sleeping bags, rucksacks/backpacks and food for people who are living rough
- Running a Winter Night Shelter and responding to SWEP