Through 2016, I aim to complete all the parkrun events in Northern Ireland, currently 22 venues and climbing.
parkrun is a series of 5km runs held on Saturday mornings in areas of open space around the UK, Ireland and nine other countries. parkruns are open to all, free and have a great community feel.
I discovered the parkrun community while recovering from an autologous stem cell transplant - aggressive treatment of aggressive lymphoma for the fourth time in my life.
Finishing my first parkrun at Belfast Victoria Park...
- "You can do it!"
- "Nearly there!"
- Complete all 22 NI parkruns
- Raise £5000 for local charity Leukaemia & Lymphoma NI
- Promote the work of Leukaemia & Lymphoma NI
- Promote registration of potential stem cell donors
- Promote the benefits of physical fitness