TJ’s Walkabout – the Oval to Lord’s – 27 November 2010
Although the “Walkabout” has now taken place – and was a hugely enjoyable event – a number of people are still expressing a wish to contribute to these two wonderful causes, and so it is planned to keep the site open for any more generous donations for a few weeks yet. Just because we have now exceeded our original target, any future additions will still be very welcome!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all our supporters.
A group of cricket lovers - young and old - completed a sponsored walk from the Oval to Lord’s to help one of cricket’s biggest characters, Terry Jenner, and the charity that supported his development of English spinners – The Brian Johnston Trust, with the funds administered by The Lord’s Taverners.
How can you help ?
Coudn't join us on the day? Then please make a donation online to help two great causes.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the Lord’s Taverners and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer.
So please dig deep and donate now...
If you wish to donate offline please email me at email@example.com , and I will forward you the address for cheques.
In this regard can I please acknowledge the following extremely generous off line donations :
* £800 from John (Fingers) Fingleton.
* £100 from Mr. Nick Crass of Durham
* £50 from Mr. David Cons
* £1000 from an anonymous cricket lover
* £100 from David Lancaster of Barnes, London
* £500 from Dr. David English of the Bunburys
“ TJ – you’re a true Braveheart of the game, and a good friend of mine and the Bunbury lads for many, many years. Talking of hearts, Tel, they tell me you’ve had some trouble with yours … nobody has a bigger heart than you, and I fully expect it to go on beating for many years to come! Get better soon, my friend. Dr. Dave prescribes ‘smoke fewer cigars and drink more red wine – excellent for the heart’. Here’s a Big Hug!”
* £20 from Mr. R V C Robins of Middlesex
* £100 from Martin Foster of Essex
* £100 from A J Haxby of London, sponsoring Chris Atkinson to Walk
* £500 for sponsoring Katy Cooke / Barmy Army from an Anonymous supporter
* £25 to support Chris Atkinson walking, from Philip Howard of Stroud
* £40 from John Brierley Esq.
* £ generous donation from Sam's Godparents
* £25 to support Chris Atkinson from Martin Lawrence of Oakham
* £100 to support Chris Atkinson from Janeke & Andrew Barker of London
* £25 from Kevin Oldham
* £70 from Roger Dakin of Eastbourne & Friends
* £25 to support Chris Atkinson from George Ritchie Esq.
* £100 to support Chris Atkinson from Roger Lawson Esq. of London
* £20 to support Chris Atkinson from Richard Meeres of Yorkshire
* £20 to support Chris Atkinson from Mr & Mrs C Hopkinson - Woolley.
Tony Brookes, on behalf of the TJ's Walkabout Team