My firm (William Martin Compliance Services) has an annual tradition of doing a fund-raising drive prior to our annual (ish) Team Event. This year, I have volunteered to take on the mantel of resident mad person, in order to raise moneys for charity as part of the next Company Event.
The Management have kindly agreed that this challenge will support the charity Change Grow Live. This is a charity/organisation that provides drug and alcohol support services for adults and young people. My sister died prematurely last year, and had just started to engage with CGL to tackle her problems with alcohol. Unfortunately, it was a little too late for her, and I am keen that they are able to support other people like her in a more timely fashion. Specifically, any money raised will go towards buying art/plants/interior decor for the Norwich office, and others offices in the Norfolk area - improving the environment for the Service Users.
I propose to run at least 5 km a day, for 28 days in a row
I shall impose a few rules on myself for the challenge:
• The challenge will start on the 27th April 2019, and finish on the 24th May 2019.
• Each day I shall continuously run a distance of at least 5 km. I reserve the right to run more(!), but not less, than 5 km on any particular day
• Each Saturday, I shall run a different Park Run - I'll announce which ones nearer the time.
• Each run shall be at a pace of at least 8 min/km (my current Personal Best is 6 min/km)
• As documentary evidence of my efforts, daily screen shots from my GPS tracking app will be uploaded here (or on Facebook).
As an incentive for early donations, I have the following deal for you all:
- If I run the minimum distance, I shall cover 140 km
- If you all donate over £1,000 by the 1st May, I shall commit to running at least 160 km over the 28 days - achieved!!
- If you all donate over £2,000 by the 1st May, I shall commit to running at least 200 km over the 28 days