To cut a long story short, a charity very close to my heart, a local counselling service in Axminster called Arc, is in urgent need of funding.
To help raise some money I have offered to sell myself. A concept Mags is totally happy with. Using my various skills, hobbies, interests and general usefulness, I have put together a shopping list of things that I might be able to do for you:
If you donate:
- £500 I will design and build you a website for your business or wedding or personal project
- £250 I will help organise any event - a birthday party, bar mitzvah, anniversary, wedding…
- £100 I will DJ at your Christmas/wedding/birthday/work/whatever party (live-streamed from Norway, or in the flesh - dates permitting)
- £75 I will cook dinner in your house
- £50 I will design an invite, poster, album cover, logo, flyer or any other design service you may need
- £25 I will write you a Limerick
- £10 I will make you a 20 song Spotify playlist in your chosen theme
Please give generously if you can.
Arc is a small, self-funded counselling and psychotherapy service in Axminster, near my home town in Devon, that provides accessible and flexible services to those seeking help through times of profound change, trauma and loss. They need around £65,000 a year to survive and this is something they have managed successfully for the past 11 years in which time they have directly helped around 1 in 7 of those people registered at Axminster Medical Centre. In short, they are making a significant impact on the mental well-being of a local community. Many people would be lost without them.
Here are some testimonials:
"I cannot explain the difference to my life the counselling has made. The ‘problem’ will never change but I feel more able to deal with it. This in turn has a knock on affect to all areas of mine and my family’s life. My counsellor was wonderful, I won’t forget her!"
"My counsellor conducted my tailor made sessions very professionally, yet with sympathy and integrity. Not at all intrusive or threatening, which I had feared. She gave me great support and insight into myself."
"I would never have been able to return from the dark hole I was in without my counsellor’s help. The service I received was caring and helpful, of which I am most grateful."
For more information please visit www.arcaxminster.org