Thanks for taking the time to visit our JustGiving page!
Most of us will at some point in our lives experience a hospice in one way or another - the touching and inspiring stories about City Hospice shows the lengths they go to in order to support patients and their loved ones. We are thrilled to be working with them as our Charity of the Year 2019 and supported by some fantastic team mates, we hope to raise more than £2,000 through fundraising and charity events throughout the year.
Every day, the City Hospice nursing team spend their time caring for patients and families across Cardiff.
The fantastic team is made up of doctors, clinical nurse specialists, day centre nurses, social workers, welfare rights officer, occupational therapists, counsellors and bereavement support staff. They're all amazing and deliver their services either in patients own homes or at the hospice.
- 750 patients were referred to them for specialist end of life care
- 28,242 miles were travelled by nurses, the equivalent of circling the Earth once/going to Australia and back 3 times
- 5,353 visits to patients homes by nurses
- 902 visits to patients homes by doctors
- 74% of patients who wanted to die at home, were able to
- 78% of patients died where there wanted to
- 993 counselling sessions were held
- 74 children were supported through pre and post bereavement counselling sessions
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.