#UKHousingFast is back for a fifth year. Our aims remain the same:
• Raise awareness of food poverty and fasting in a way that people can relate to and easily support.
• Bring people together to raise money and food donations for local good causes during Ramadan.
• Celebrate the diversity of people living and working in UK Housing.
The simplicity of the campaign is that absolutely anyone can take part. For the last four years, people from lots of backgrounds up and down the country gave the campaign a big thumbs up because let’s face it, we all realise the importance of food and knowing where our next meal is coming from. Sadly the reality is often very different for thousands of people in our local areas and it’s up to us to come together to tackle this head on.
So how can you get involved and support a great cause?
With the big day taking place on 6th June 2018, the countdown is on for food and cash donations.
• One of the ways people pledged their support was by using plates to write messages of support and using the #platepledges tag to get their message out there.
• On the big day itself you can raise money through sponsorship by fasting for some or all of the day. You could skip your lunch and donate that money to charity instead, or share your food with somebody who is hungry.
• You and your colleagues could organise a collection of food donations and arrange a drop off at your local food bank.
• Or you could simply sponsor somebody else to fast.
Whatever you do to support or promote #UKHousingFast, you will be doing something amazing for a great cause.
We also need you to put your weight behind our social media campaign. Follow @ukhousingfast on Twitter and use the #UKHousingFast hashtag to share details of what you are doing to support the campaign and which local cause you are getting behind.
Please tweet us @ukhousingfast with your pledge and to get involved or to find out more, visit ukhousingfast.wordpress.com. Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.