Update. Read our interview with the Londonist Website:
During a surreal week in December 2006, our parents were diagnosed with Cancer. Thankfully, they are now on the road to recovery and we have decided to do something to raise money for those lives are affected by it and for those working to cure it.
So...enter Extreme Urban Ironing in aid of Cancer Research UK. Combining the thrill of a freshly pressed shirt with 21st Century living. (http://www.extremeironing.com for more information)
For a donation of just £15 - or more - our team of professional ironers will perform their domestic duties in any london location, borough or attraction suggested by you in gratitude. Photographic proof will be posted here:
What you do:
Make a donation. In the comments box tell us what you'd like to see us doing, how and where. The more imaginative and random, the better. Subject to conditions below, we will do it for you. And we'll post the photo for you on the website (link above) as proof. Simple.
There are some rules, though:
1. We reserve the right not to carry out a task if it involves death, serious injury or loss of limb or just because we feel too shy.
2. We will try to blag our way into most places free of charge but if we are unable or choose not to carry out a request, donations will, unfortunately, not be refunded. If the task is a non starter, though, we will amend it slightly so that we do something equally stupid for you as a thank you for your donation.
3. If the cost of carrying out the task is more than the donation (.eg. Hiring a brass band, ironing in a Zeppelin etc) we may again decline as this slight defeats the objective. But see above. However, if the donation reflects the task's complexity and imagination, we'll be there in spades.
4. Having said all the above. We'll probably just do it anyway, so suggest away.
5. No. We won't actually do your own ironing for you.Any questions? email us here: email@example.com