Thank you for visiting Vicky & Lena's fundraising page.
We are running 4 races, a total of 71.9 miles, throughout 2010 for Macmillan Cancer Support. We are also doing many of the races that we did last year.
So far we have ran….. the World’s First English Kilomathon on 14th March which is 26.2 km (16.3 miles), the Edinburgh Marathon on 23rd May which is 26.2 miles.
Our next challenge is the BUPA Great North Run on 19th September which is 13.1 miles and the Scottish Kilomathon on 3rd October which is 26.2 km (16.3 miles).
With all the races we are competing in this year we wanted to run for a charity and Macmillan Cancer Support was chosen for very personal reasons to both of us and to support the tremendous job that they do.
· They fund Macmillan nurses & other health & social care professionals including consultants, dieticians, radiographers, speech therapists & benefit advisers.
· They provide practical support at home, from precious time off for a carer to a lift to hospital.
· They provide emotional support & information through their Cancer line, website, support groups & trained professionals
About the sponsorship received
· £10.00 could pay for 20 copies of The Cancer Guide. This Macmillan booklet can help someone recently diagnosed with cancer, and their families, to understand cancer, its treatment and the help available.
· £24.00 could pay for a Macmillan physiotherapist for an hour.
· £350.00 could pay for a much-needed convalescent break for someone with cancer & their carer.
· £918.00 could fund a Macmillan nurse for a working week.
We would be grateful if you could afford any assistance in sponsoring our efforts.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - We raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
So please dig deep and donate now.
Many thanks for your support.
Vicky & Lena
We Run To Change Lives