Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
This year I am taking part in the Prudential Ride London event. 100 miles of energy sapping pain including a number of well known climbs in the Surrey Hills area. Whilst I have taken part in some cycling events in the past, this is by far the longest ride I have attempted. It is an event that I have been trying to gain entry to for a number of years now and I am so happy that this year I am able to take part on behalf of The White Lodge Centre, a charity local to me, and also a longstanding customer of my employer, Net Technical Solutions Ltd.
White Lodge provides services that enable those with a range of disabilities, their families and carers to lead fulfilling lives. They support over 2,500 individuals across Surrey and beyond through a diverse range of services for all ages and abilities. White Lodge is based on a wonderful two acre site in Chertsey in three specialist buildings with great facilities and highly experienced staff to best enable those with disabilities to reach their potential. It costs over £2.5 million a year to run and the costs are not fully met by statutory funding, so they do rely on voluntary donations to maintain vital services.
- £25 could provide a play worker to support a disabled child for half a day at a specialist holiday play scheme
- £50 could provide one session in the hydrotherapy pool for a disabled child or adult
- £100 could provide two physiotherapy sessions for a disabled child or adult
- £250 could provide a drumming workshop for 20 disabled teenagers
- £500 could help to run the parent & Toddler group for disabled children for one month
- £1000 could help to run the parents support group for one month
If you can spare enough for a donation I would be incredibly grateful and I know that every penny raised will make a difference to the centre.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.