What am I doing to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK?
My yoga classes during w/c 11th March will be used to raise money for the charity, building upon the £850 I raised for local, national and international charities during 2018 from my Yoga for Charity classes.
Why am I supporting Prostate Cancer UK?
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer for men.
- Around 1 in 8 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- Over 47,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year (129 men / day).
- Every 45 minutes 1 man dies from prostate cancer – more than 11,000 every year.
- Over 400,000 men are living with and after having prostate cancer.
Who is most at risk of being diagnosed with prostate cancer?
- Prostate cancer mainly affects men over 50, and the risk increases as you get older.
- If there is a family history of prostate cancer or breast cancer.
- Black men, with 1 in 4 at risk.
Where can I find more information?
Prostate Cancer UK’s website provides a wealth of information on prostate cancer. For example, the signs and symptoms to look out for and the research they are carrying out.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.