Thank you for visiting the JustGiving page supporting the MNDA Association. The MND Association focus on improving access to care, research and campaigning for those people living with or affected by MND. By sponsoring us your money will help people affected by Motor Neurone Disease.
This year, for the first time, the NI Branch is funding a new bursary for student doctors at Ulster University Magee Campus - the Colm Davis OBE MNDA NI Medal and Bursary Award.
They have also supported a similar award at Queens for a number of years but it is called the Arthur Newell Medal & Bursary Award.
These awards are named after people who had MND and played an active role in the NI Branch.
These bursaries and medical awards are important to MNDA NI to encourage medical students at both Queens University and Ulster University Magee Campus Medical Schools to increase their awareness of Motor Neurone Disease and perhaps consider neurology as their chosen medical career.
Information and Fundraising
We will be organising various events to raise funds over the next few months so please donate what you can - every penny counts.
*Academic Business Development colleagues, Andrew Toye and Richard Gormley, completed legs of the Belfast Marathon on the 30th April 2023.
*Ulster University's Staff Disability Network & Academic Business Development Directorate hosted an MND Awareness and Fundraising Event on the 21 June 2023 at the Belfast campus for Global MND Awareness Day. There were various speakers. University buildings were lit blue for Global MND Awareness Day.
* Colleagues from the Finance Department raised additional funds via a 'Finance Dept Away Day Raffle'. They are donating the £612 they raised to the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
*Richard Gormley from ABD ran 97 miles during August 2023 and raised £210 to help beat motor neurone disease. This offline donation has been added here also.
* Martin Hinch also during August 2023 challenged himself to run 60 miles and raised £100 to fund vital research, care, and support for people living with MND and their families. The offline donation total raised will be added here also. See https://www.facebook.com/donate/997615198329126/
* Abseil during October or November 2023 (needs 10 volunteers to happen so if interested please let Catherine O'Donnell know.)
* Marathon relay team to be confirmed.
* Other events to be agreed.
Once you donate, JustGiving will send your money directly to the MND Association NI Branch. Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and secure, your details are safe - they'll never sell them or send unwanted emails.
Thank you again.
Friends of Professor Brian Murphy and The Academic Business Development Team at Ulster University.