#EBL23 fundraiser for Mental Health UK
Fundraising for Mental Health UK
Verified by JustGiving
Burnout... Event Planning is now deemed as the 3rd most stressful career
The past 2 years specifically has been a testing time and many #Eventprofs have told us that the pressures of this season have been more stressful than having to deal with COVID. As a result, crews and staff are demanding better #welfare facilities and working hours, losing many skilled workforce to other sectors.
Organisations are increasingly looking at mental health and well being provision at the office and on-site.
Mental health/staff welfare is still a major focus for Event Buyers Live. It’s clear that event professionals are feeling overwhelmed, so what can we do to make life and work more balanced all year round?
For the 2nd year running, we have partnered with Mental Health UK as it’s important to give back where you can.
If you take something out, you’ve got to put something in, but more importantly, no one can drink from an empty cup!
All donations greatly received and will be utilised in many ways;
• £80 could enable a specialist advisor to help someone in need with tailored information, advice and support for their mental health and money problems
• £50 could provide materials for art therapy sessions, helping people relax and build new friendships.
• £50 could help fund leaflets, posters and other promotional items that raise awareness of local support groups.
• £50 could provide seeds and equipment for our mental health gardening projects across Wales
• £50 could train 25 educators on how to support young people with mental health resilience
• £100 could help two people be part of a peer support group for a year, offering them acceptance and reassurance
• £100 could train 100 educators to support young people with mental health resilience
• £500 could ensure that someone with mental health and money problems can get tailored ongoing support until they have found a solution for their money problems saving on average £2,500
• £750 could help Mental Health UK host a Clic live Q&A session so members can hear directly from our experts their advice on mental health, lifestyle, and wellbeing.
• £1,000 could pay for a Navigator to participate in training on Mental Health coaching
• £1,000 could pay to host Clic online for 6 months, providing over 6,000 users with a safe space to talk about their mental health
• £1,000 could enable us to run our Advice and Information services for a day, enabling up to 30 clients to gain in-depth support via webchat or phone, and thousands more to access factsheets online.