Garsons Titchfield, a family-run award-winning garden centre, farm shop & restaurant, is extremely honoured to be partnering with Sophie’s Legacy as our 2023 Charity of the Year.
About Sophie’s Legacy: Gareth and Charlotte Fairall set up Sophie’s Legacy in memory of their remarkable daughter, Sophie, who touched many lives. Sophie had just turned 9 when she was diagnosed with cancer. Sophie was just like any other child; active, happy, healthy, and always had a smile on her face. Sadly in 2021, Sophie was diagnosed with anaplastic rhabdomyosarcoma an extremely rare and aggressive type of cancer which dreadfully took Sophie’s life, aged just ten years old.
Whilst undergoing her treatment, Sophie wrote a bucket list, of which she achieved many incredible experiences. Included on her list were several national healthcare improvements she wished for her family to accomplish in her memory. They promised her they would make a difference, in 2022, Sophie’s Legacy launched to help raise vital funds for the following things she wanted to change.
1. Play specialist seven days a week in hospitals
2. Improvements to children’s hospital food
3. For parents to be fed when staying with their child in hospital
4. For GPs, nurses and health professionals to be trained in childhood cancer
5. To increase the funds (currently only 3%) in childhood cancer research
All funds raised by Garsons customers and staff will go directly to the charity and the services they provide.