Sea Change Row

Sea Change's fundraiser for Blue Marine Foundation

Fundraising for Blue
£2,940
raised of £5,000 target
by 20 supporters
Team of 6 women rowing unassisted and uninterrupted around Great Britain as part of GB Row Challenge, 9 June 2024
Blue

Verified by JustGiving

RCN 1137209
We enable the creation of marine reserves to reverse the crisis in our oceans

Story

Sea Change is a team of 6 women working in the field of nature and sustainability. We are taking part in GB Row Challenge in summer 2024, an unassisted 2000+ mile circumnavigation of Great Britain. We will be rowing on 2 hours on, 2 hours off shifts, eating dehydrated food and battling winds and tides for over 40 days. Not only that, GB Row Challenge also incorporates scientific data collection, so we will be collecting samples daily and looking after the kit.

With this challenge we will be immersed in the marine environment day in, day out for over 40 days. A huge part of the magic of this trip will be down to the presence, or absence, of wildlife, which depends on the quality of the marine environment. We have a strong desire to contribute to making this marine world cleaner, more hospitable and livelier than how we found it. To achieve this we are raising funds for a leading UK marine charity, Blue Marine Foundation. Blue Marine's work centers around creating marine reserves, restoring vital marine habitats, and establishing models of sustainable fishing. Their mission is to see 30 per cent of the world’s ocean under effective protection by 2030, and the other 70 per cent responsibly managed.

About the charity

Blue

Verified by JustGiving

RCN 1137209
The Blue Marine Foundation (BLUE) is a UK-based charity, established in 2010 by the team behind the film The End of the Line. BLUE exists to combat over-fishing and the destruction of biodiversity through the creation of marine reserves and models of sustainable fishing.

Donation summary

Total raised
£2,939.04
+ £271.25 Gift Aid
Online donations
£2,939.04
Offline donations
£0.00

* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.