Brighton Business Fundraiser for Rockinghorse Children's Charity
Fundraising for Rockinghorse Children's Charity
Verified by JustGiving
Komedia are working with a wealth of local Brighton businesses to help support Rockinghorse, the fantastic local charity who help young people and children. From their amazing work at the Trevor Mann Baby Unit, to help support young people undergoing cancer treatment, what Rockinghorse do are are a truly fantastic.
Our Brighton Business Giveaway is a fundraiser to help support Rockinghorse's ‘One Day at a Time’ project, supporting children and families through their cancer journey.
For the last few years, Rockinghorse have been supporting children’s mental health and wellbeing throughout treatment, but now want to fund a specialist Oncology Psychologist to support children and their families, who are coming out the other side of often long and gruelling cancer treatment.
The physically painful treatment might be over, but the trauma of their experiences and the expectation of just getting ‘back to normal’ is often unmanageable and often results in them suffering long-term mental health issues such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, needle phobia or long term, cripplingly and severe health related anxiety.
With this current campaign, we hope to extend the support we can provide to families, so that when they reach the end of their active treatment, there is the emotional help for the child, their parents and their siblings.
We hope to raise £10,000, which would help fund 10 weeks of support from our specialist Oncolcogy Psychologist, providing emotional help for families to get through their cancer journey ‘One Day at a Time.’
1. A brand-new Carrera Crossfire 2 Hybrid Bike (worth £385)
2. A night out for 6 people at Komedia Comedy Club with main courses included (worth £204)
3. A private terrarium workshop for 4 people at Between Two Thorns (worth £200)
4. A stay for two people in a Superior Double room at My Brighton Hotel with breakfast at Meanwhile Café (worth £190)
5. A Couples Cook Class at Brighton Cookery School (worth £180)
6. A £150 treatment voucher for Esthetic Lewes
7. A Luxe Cut with Simon Webster (worth £135)
8. A Jimmy Fairly voucher for a new pair of sunglasses/prescription glasses (to the value of £129) + a free eye test
9. A night out for four people to Joe Black Kleines Kabarett, with loaded fries (worth £110)
10. 4 x ride wristbands for the Brighton Palace Pier (worth £104)
11. Beer Tasting for 2 people at the Unbarred Taproom and a 6 pack of beers, glass and tote bag (worth £80)
12. Afternoon Tea for Two at The Grand Hotel (worth £76)
13. Dinner for two + wine at Terre A Terre (worth £60)
Donate a minimum of £10 to Rockinghorse through this JustGiving page commenting your name and how many tickets you've bought.
Please also make sure that you share your email address with Komedia so that we can get in contact if you are one of our lucky winners!
- 1 ticket =1 x £10 donation
You will then be in with a chance of winning one of 13 fantastic prizes!
Please allow Gift Aid when you donate as this donates an extra 25% to charity at no extra cost to you.
1. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
2. Each £10 donation will count as one entry. You can donate as many times as you like.
3. Winners will only be chosen if they have donated, commented with their name and shared their email address with Komedia
4. Closing date to enter competition is Tuesday 5th March
5. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability.
7. All funds raised will be donated to Rockinghorse Children’s Charity Sussex.
8. There is no purchase limit on tickets.