About Southwark Pensioners Centre
Southwark Pensioners Centre is a charity that supports older people to enjoy healthy, independent, active, in touch and fulfilling lives.
At our community resource centre, open as a shop front Mondays to Fridays, 9.30am to 4pm, we work to promote choice, opportunity and quality of life for people aged 50.
As a membership organisation, we also welcome individuals and groups to join the centre. Individual membership includes free or low cost services and activities plus our One in 5 newsletter.
Our offer to older people is as follows:
1. A Health and Wellbeing programme of activities – ranging from health talks, to physical, creative and health activities such as chair based exercise, art classes, singing, social clubs, holidays and day trips.
2. An Information, Advice and Guidance service providing help with welfare benefits, debt, housing, consumer issues, transport, fuel poverty and increasing income.
3. A Getting and Staying Online programme that helps older people through 1-1 support, a computer club and eventually through Techy Teas and regular short five week courses to be digitally active.
4. Campaigning through the Southwark Pensioners Action Group on on health, pensions, housing and social care.
5. Consulting through the Southwark Pensioners Forum on any council policies or consultations that affect the lives of older people.
6. A Reaching Out programme designed to work with other locally based older people’s groups to offer a range of activities.
Southwark Pensioners Centre Registered charity number 299416