CALA NHC - Running for SamaritansJoin team
Team fundraiser • 2 members • Samaritans
Thanks for visiting our fundraising page! We are running the London Parks Half Marathon on 11th April 2021 on behalf of Samaritans, representing CALA Homes.
Every 7 seconds Samaritans answer a call for help.
The work Samaritans do is more crucial at the moment whilst we are in ‘Lockdown 3.0’. Many people are feeling isolated this year due to social distancing and travel restrictions. They may have lost a loved one to coronavirus or feel anxious about the current circumstances. Samaritans provide a 24-hour helpline, 365 days a year, to lend an ear to those who feel they have nowhere else to turn:
• £5 is the cost to answer a call for help
• £10 could answer two calls for help
• £24 could help and train Samaritans volunteers
• £42 could keep Samaritans phone lines open for 5 minutes
• £96 could train and support an existing volunteer for a year
• £200 could cover the cost of a new volunteer to build the skills they need to answer a call for help
Thank you for supporting us on our journey to raise £2000 for Samaritans. To donate please visit our fundraising pages below – every donation will make a worthwhile difference to the people that need it the most.
A & A