Colin Bell's Walk and Abseil Challenge for Londons Air Ambulance, the RCN Foundation and the RAFBF
Team fundraiser • 3 members • 3 charities
Raising money for The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund, RCN Foundation and London's Air Ambulance
I am determined to do my bit by supporting three amazing charities, which I briefly profile below.
So many of our nurses do outstanding work but get unstated recognition and rewards. They deserve greater support.The RCN Foundation supports nurses and midwives by:
• Supporting individual members of the nursing profession by providing grants for financial hardship and education activities – hardship grants
• Investing in the future of the professions by funding projects to accelerate the development of nursing skills in key priority areas – education and career development funding
• Raising the profile of the nursing profession so that the public can better understand what the nursing profession does to improve the nation’s health -public information projects to improve patient care through nursing
• Delivers advanced trauma teams to the most critically injured people in London -which could be you, your loved ones, someone special to you. Trauma is brutally indiscrimate.
• Attends on average 5-6 casualties every day, 24/7. Tragically, and completely unexpectedly, today will be the worst day of their lives for someone in London and their affected families.
• Uses helicopters by day and rapid response cars at night
• Equipped with specially trained trauma consultants and doctors and paramedics who can perform open heart surgery, blood transfusions, and other complex life saving procedures by the road side
• Has pioneered a number of world firsts in trauma treatment in the out of hospital environment
• By rapidly providing specialist treatment at the scene, the medics can drastically enhance the chances not only of a patient’s survival but the casualties quality of life post survival
• Desperately needs funds to replace its two aged helicopters
• One of the best air ambulances in the world, if not the best.
• For more than 100 years, the RAF Benevolent Fund has been supporting members of the RAF family through thick and thin providing practical, emotional and financial support whenever it is needed
• Such support is available to veterans, serving personnel and their families in their hour of need
Please support my chosen charities - IN EQUAL SHARES IF POSSIBLE
The donation buttons below are in the order LAA,RCNF and RAFBF