About Above Water UK
Above Water is the water education & safety charity that sends teachers who are qualified lifeguards into schools to teach and promote adventurous water activity, provide water safety education, teach drowning prevention techniques and aquatic first aid. Teachers who are trained open water lifeguards understand the professionalism required to visit a school and they have exceptional subject knowledge to be flexible to the needs of the school. It is totally FREE for a school to book a visit by Above Water. Lifeguards deliver whole school assemblies, single lessons, all day activities, after school parent water safety awareness & first aid and much, much more!
Above Water is passionate about educating children in water safety and believes the best way to guard against drowning is to educate by sending professional open water beach lifeguards into schools. Using our own E.S.C.A.P.E WATER programme to comprehensively deliver drowning prevention and water awareness to local communities.
The E.S.C.A.P.E WATER programme framework-
• EDUCATION to understand water and its surrounding environment
• SWIMMING & SURVIVAL to protect yourself in water
• CONFIDENCE in and around water
• AID first aid/life-saving skills from the effects of water
• PREVENTION all the skills you need when near water
• ENJOYMENT& the ENVIRONMENT fun in the water, for now and in the future
Above Water UK Registered charity number 1174593