RESCUE-50 is an appeal to raise £50,000 in 2020 for a new Rescue Control Vehicle for the Team.
We need to replace the 18 year old 03 Control Vehicle with a new van, fitted out with state-of-the-art mapping and communications equipment. It will be our new mobile Command & Control Centre allowing us to:
(1) Task and equip our Mountain Rescue Volunteers to search and treat those in need.
(2) Plan search areas and monitor progress using GPS tracking.
(3) Liaise directly with other emergency services eg Police and rescue helicopters.
(4) Transport vital rescue equipment such as a stretcher, casualty bag, splints and rope kits.
(5) Transport life-saving medical gases and drugs safely.
DSRT Tavistock has been saving lives on Dartmoor since 1968 and is made up entirely of volunteers who are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. We operate through the Police and search for & rescue the injured, lost or missing on Dartmoor and surrounding areas. This includes despondents, people living with dementia and vulnerable adults.
Unlike other emergency services, we are able to search, rescue, treat and evacuate casualties in the most remote areas of Dartmoor and in the most extreme conditions.
DSRT Tavistock receives no government funding at all and relies solely on donations to remain operational and replace old equipment. We cannot operate without the donations and fundraising from people like you!