We did it!

Our campaign is now complete. 9 supporters helped us raise CA$40,384.00

Visit the charity's profile
Closed 31/05/2023
Hospice Huntsville

Hike for Hospice 2023

Join us May 7, 2023 for the 14th Annual Hike for Hospice. This is a family-friendly hike/run, in support of Hospice Huntsville and the programs and services provided to the community. Help Raise $50,000 & Help Make a Difference! Every Step Counts!
raised of CA$50,000 target
by 273 supporters
Donations cannot currently be made to this page
Event: Hike for Hospice Huntsville 2023, on 7 May 2023
Closed on 31/05/2023
RCN 890259062RR0001

Be a fundraiser

The campaign has now expired but it's not too late to support this charity.

Visit the charity's profile


Every Step You Take Makes a Difference!

Join us on Sunday, May 7th, for the 14th Hike for Hospice held in support of Hospice Huntsville, its programs and services. When you participate, you will be hiking to help ensure our community members receive the end-of-life care they wish for and deserve. Funds raised by all of the participants stays in our community and assists Hospice Huntsville in providing care and support at no cost to individuals and their families who are facing end of life. Hospices receive funding for only 40% operating costs through government partners. The remaining 60% must be raised through events, fundraising campaigns and donations. For Hospice Huntsville 60% is approximately $1,800/per day.

The Hike for Hospice is also a special and meaningful way to celebrate and honour our loved ones. Once again, a contemplative area is available where you can write a note to your loved one and hang it on the Memory Branches. Later in May, the Memory Branches will be planted along with the notes in the beautiful gardens at Algonquin Grace. The Opening Ceremony will include the lighting a candle and a moment of silence. A virtual opening ceremony will also be available at www.hospicehuntsville.com.

The Hike will begin at River Mill Park in Downtown Huntsville, with registration/check-in beginning at 11:45 am. After checking in, enjoy entertainment and displays, a cup of coffee, water or a sweet treat, have your photo taken or visit the Contemplative Tent and take a moment to remember a loved one. The Hike will begin at 1pm following a warm-up and the opening ceremony.

There is a minimum $50 donation required by each Hiker unless your total donations are $100 or more. Hikers are responsible for collecting all donations. There will be both an accessible short route and a longer route more details on the routes will follow. The routes will pass through Downtown Huntsville and through the area of the Canada Summit Centre. We hope to again have music along the route stay tuned for those details. There are 3 options for fundraising for the event: On-line, Paper Pledge Form or both.

Spirit Awards for the top individual fundraiser, top team fundraiser and top team with corporate matching fundraiser. The Awards will be determined based on all funds received by 4pm on May 9, 2023.

This is a pet friendly event. All pets must be on leashes.

Please contact info@hospicehuntsville.com for any questions regarding the Hike or the programs and services available through Hospice Huntsville.

Thank you for supporting Hospice Huntsville. To join the Hike please press the Start Fundraising orange button on the right and let your Steps Make a Difference!


About the charity

Hospice Huntsville is a not for profit, charitable organization incorporated in 1989. We provide residential hospice care, visiting volunteer services as well as grief and bereavement programs for adults and children. 60% of our operating costs come from fundraised dollars- Your donation matters!

Donation summary

Total raised
Online donations
Offline donations
Direct donations
Donations via fundraisers

* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.